Data from: A search for technosignatures from TRAPPIST-1, LHS 1140, and 10 planetary systems in the Kepler field with the Green Bank Telescope at 1.15–1.73 GHz
Margot, Jean-Luc et al. (2020), Data from: A search for technosignatures from TRAPPIST-1, LHS 1140, and 10 planetary systems in the Kepler field with the Green Bank Telescope at 1.15–1.73 GHz, Dryad, Dataset, https://doi.org/10.5068/D1Z964
This dataset includes candidate signal detections obtained at the Green Bank Telescope in 2017 and reprocessed with the 2020 UCLA SETI Group data processing pipeline.
As part of our ongoing search for technosignatures, we collected over three terabytes of data in May 2017 with the L-band receiver (1.15–1.73 GHz) of the 100 m diameter Green Bank Telescope. These observations focused primarily on planetary systems in the Kepler field, but also included scans of the recently discovered TRAPPIST-1 and LHS 1140 systems. We present the results of our search for narrowband signals in this data set with techniques that are generally similar to those described by Margot et al. 2018. Our improved data processing pipeline classified over 98% of the ~6 million detected signals as anthropogenic Radio Frequency Interference (RFI). Of the remaining candidates, 30 were detected outside of densely populated frequency regions attributable to RFI. These candidates were carefully examined and determined to be of terrestrial origin.
Please see journal article for methods.
The field descriptions are as follows:
- ID: a unique integer identifier for the signal
- NAME: the name of the source
- SCAN: the scan index number (1, 2) for the source
- MJD: the Modified Julian Date at the start of the scan
- FREQ: the frequency (Hz) at the start of the scan
- DFDT: the rate of change in frequency (Hz/s)
- Z: the signal power integrated over the scan duration aka Z score (standard deviations of the noise)
- BW: an estimate of the bandwidth (FWHM) of the signal (Hz)
- FSNR: a flag set to Y if signal power exceeds detection threshold
- FDOP: a flag set to Y if DFDT is not zero
- FBTH: a flag set to Y if signal is detected in both scans of this source
- FOTH: a flag set to Y if signal is not detected in scans of other sources
- FAND: a flag set to Y if FSNR=FDOP=FBTH=FOTH=Y
- PARTNER: the ID of the signal in a subsequent scan of this source, if known
- RFICODE: an identifier for the probable source of RFI
- NOTES: additional notes
The field names and types are as follows: +---------+--------------+ | Field | Type | +---------+--------------+ | ID | int(11) | | NAME | varchar(50) | | SCAN | int(4) | | MJD | double(16,8) | | FREQ | double(20,6) | | DFDT | double(14,8) | | Z | double(15,3) | | BW | double(8,1) | | FSNR | char(1) | | FDOP | char(1) | | FBTH | char(1) | | FOTH | char(1) | | FAND | char(1) | | PARTNER | int(11) | | RFICODE | char(5) | | NOTES | text | +---------+--------------+